1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rosie with chicks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lincolnsilkies, Oct 15, 2011.

1. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Well my blk silkie Rosie has at least one chick under her that she hatched today i can hear chirping!!! and i seen the one earlier a cute little blue or gray one!! so when should i lift her up to see how many hatched she had 4 eggs i know the last time i candled the eggs 3 were good and one was just not doing anything she is the head hen so is it okay to to keep her and the babies in the coop i tried put her eggs and her in a kennel in the coop and she freaked out and started moving the eggs out of the kennel so i put them back where they were and she was happy again and she sure is grouchy right now which i know she is just protecting her babies but i have a couple hens that she grew up with it's like they are guarding her and the babes! Oops forgot i dont want to take her babies from her because i feel she sat on those eggs and did such a good job she deserves to keep them with her!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. lincolnsilkies

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Now she has 2 under her i had to check

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I cant really help you, but congrats!! [​IMG]

4. lincolnsilkies

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Thank u!!![​IMG]

5. scooby8863

scooby8863 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2011
    That's awesome!!!!! I have a black rosecomb hen that has been sitting on 10 of her eggs and I caught her off the nest today and there was 7 cute little peepers and one more almost out. This is my first broody!![​IMG]

6. lincolnsilkies

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    This is my first broody also!!! it's pretty exciting [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by