1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ross Chickens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ncgnance, Mar 14, 2008.

1. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    A friend of mine told me about a chicken called a Ross chicken. He says they're large, really large meat/laying birds. I've never heard of a chicken called a Ross. So, here I am...I know if anyone knows about this chicken, someone here will. I've searched the web, but really have not found a whole lot of information...Can anyone help?

2. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    That is a new one on me.

3. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    I don't know if this will be new info for you but Ross Chickens are from Aviagen.
    Here is a link to their website page on the Ross chicken.
    The males are suppose to be great meat birds while the hens are great layers.

4. ncgnance

ncgnance Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Iredell County, NC
    Thanks for the information, Josie. I found some info, but most of it was sort of vague. Now I'm wondering just where you could get some of these. My friend that told me about them is from SC, so I think I'll quiz him some more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by