So, the girls are down to about 2 eggs a day, and of course my perpetually broody girls are not broody at this time. I am willing to go get a small incubator and try to incubate the 14 eggs that I have on the counter. They have never seen the refrigerator, and the day temps have been cool-70 degrees. I realize also that he has been rundown for about three weeks (since his molt) and the eggs may not even be fertile, but the last ones I cracked were. These may not be. I also realize that because we could not find anything wrong with the poor guy while he was under the weather, that it may have been a defect that was genetic. With all of these things that I have going against me, should I try to incubate? He was such a sweet and lovely young man, I hate to lose his temperament gene. If you all think I should go for it, any hints? I was going to let them hatch a clutch this spring anyway. I waited just too long.