Rotisserie Question

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by tinybarnfarm, Nov 25, 2011.

1. tinybarnfarm

tinybarnfarm Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    I am enjoying my first batch or meatbirds and was thinking about purchasing a rotisserie. I roasted my first whole chicken in the oven tonight and it was great! We are hooked on farm fresh chicken for sure! Do any of you have/use one and if so what brand and do you like it? Just looking online and reading reviews looks like the most popular are a Cuisinart verticle model and Ronco has quite a few different horizontal models that people like.

2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Ronco hands down!!!! [​IMG]

3. hydroswiftrob

hydroswiftrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    N. Texas
    My Coop
    Quote:Set it and forget it! [​IMG]

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    If you've got a fairly common type of propane barbecue, you can buy a rotisserie for it. The sort of rectangular ones with a hinged lid are made to take a rotisserie

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Definitely. And easy to clean, too.

6. tinybarnfarm

tinybarnfarm Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    What Ronco models do you guys have? I thought about the one I could add to my grill but I would like a stand alone unit. My grill has a rack in it that would have to be removed and I use it often.

7. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    I have the compact size, although I wish I had the pro!!! and yes it is "set it and forget it" and very easy to clean!!! I would not even mess with a bbq set up...

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I think I have the Pro. Its pretty good size, so if you get it make sure you have room for it.

9. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    I have a compact 12 lb turkey rotisserie (if that thing holds a 12 lb turkey I'll be surprised) made by GE and I love it! I line the drip pan and the removable heat flashing metal cover thingy with foil before I roast and clean up is a snap. There's not temp control, just a timer. I worried about that at first, but I've cooked chickens and ducks to perfection in it! Go ahead and get one, you won't be sorry! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  10. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

I used to have a rotisserie and hated it. How do you keep a nice tender chicken from falling off? I had that happen a couple of times and quit using it.
    I use a beer in the butt gadget now and love it, both in the oven and on the grill.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by