1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Rotisserie Question

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by tinybarnfarm, Nov 25, 2011.

1. tinybarnfarm

tinybarnfarm In the Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    I am enjoying my first batch or meatbirds and was thinking about purchasing a rotisserie. I roasted my first whole chicken in the oven tonight and it was great! We are hooked on farm fresh chicken for sure! Do any of you have/use one and if so what brand and do you like it? Just looking online and reading reviews looks like the most popular are a Cuisinart verticle model and Ronco has quite a few different horizontal models that people like.

2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Songster

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Ronco hands down!!!! [​IMG]

3. hydroswiftrob

hydroswiftrob Chirping

Aug 18, 2011
    N. Texas
    My Coop
    Quote:Set it and forget it! [​IMG]

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Crowing

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    If you've got a fairly common type of propane barbecue, you can buy a rotisserie for it. The sort of rectangular ones with a hinged lid are made to take a rotisserie

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:Definitely. And easy to clean, too.

6. tinybarnfarm

tinybarnfarm In the Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    What Ronco models do you guys have? I thought about the one I could add to my grill but I would like a stand alone unit. My grill has a rack in it that would have to be removed and I use it often.

7. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Songster

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    I have the compact size, although I wish I had the pro!!! and yes it is "set it and forget it" and very easy to clean!!! I would not even mess with a bbq set up...

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I think I have the Pro. Its pretty good size, so if you get it make sure you have room for it.

9. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    I have a compact 12 lb turkey rotisserie (if that thing holds a 12 lb turkey I'll be surprised) made by GE and I love it! I line the drip pan and the removable heat flashing metal cover thingy with foil before I roast and clean up is a snap. There's not temp control, just a timer. I worried about that at first, but I've cooked chickens and ducks to perfection in it! Go ahead and get one, you won't be sorry! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  10. I used to have a rotisserie and hated it. How do you keep a nice tender chicken from falling off? I had that happen a couple of times and quit using it.
    I use a beer in the butt gadget now and love it, both in the oven and on the grill.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by