1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rotisserie?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lilacfeather, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Lilacfeather

Lilacfeather Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    It is so crazy blazing hot here today! Ugh! The poor chickies didn't even leave the run when I let them out to free range. Just stayed put in their little dirt holes. I fear if this heat wave doesn't end, I'll end up with 6 rotisserie chickens!!

[​IMG]

2. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I'm here in Texas my o my what a scorching hot summer. But Sunday the low is gonna be in the upper 50's.Can't wait.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I took this photo some time ago when we were having 100+ temps.

[​IMG]

Doesn't she look just miserable? Poor thing. I went out and bought a mister - one of those curly, stand up, attach to hoses things, and put it in the yard for 'em. It brought the temp down a good 15, to 20 degrees.

4. maggiemooscluckers

maggiemooscluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I agree! My chickens are almost 5 weeks now and seem to do alright with the heat so far. Although next week we are supposed to be back into the triple digits this weekend. I'll sure be glad when this summer is over. I'm sure the chicks will too! Beautiful chickens by the way!

5. Lilacfeather

Lilacfeather Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Quote:Poor thing... she looks like she's fanning her armpits. Tomorrow is supposed to be the last day of this craziness here. I hope they're right!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by