Rotten food under tung

suzy5033

Chirping
Mar 10, 2015
one of my hens is having trouble walking as if she’s too heavy for her legs so we picked her up so try to figure out what is wrong. We found in her mouth rotten smelling presumably food stuck under her tung and going down her throat. It forced her tung to one side of her mouth. I got a lot of it out with Qtips and tweezers but her mouth started bleeding a bit and it seemed to be very painful so we are giving her a break while I ask online if anyone has any input

one of my hens is having trouble walking as if she’s too heavy for her legs so we picked her up so try to figure out what is wrong. We found in her mouth rotten smelling presumably food stuck under her tung and going down her throat. It forced her tung to one side of her mouth. I got a lot of it out with Qtips and tweezers but her mouth started bleeding a bit and it seemed to be very painful so we are giving her a break while I ask online if anyone has any input
I'm sorry about your hen.

Can you post some photos of the inside of her beak and of her?
How old is she?
Does she lay eggs?

You mention she is too heavy for her legs - what breed is she?

Your description of what you found inside her beak sounds like it might be Canker or some type of infection instead of food stuck in there.
If you have vet care, that is best.

http://www.poultrydvm.com/condition/canker

Back
Top Bottom