ROTTEN?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jay1995, Mar 5, 2009.

1. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I went to turn my eggs like five minuets ago and smelt a horrible fishy smell so I smelt my sister and then was like its an egg. So thinking about my sister named meg being an egg it made me think a little more. Hmm. Lets go to the bator. An egg that was totally fine last night had a crack today, and smelt, along with my sister, like a fish. My quiestion is should I give her deoderant? And my other question is was the egg about to explode, and if so how would I handle it after it exploded? Just for future referance. Thanks, -Jay

2. Mrs.Puff

Mrs.Puff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Southern Iowa
    Give your sister a nice gift of some aluminum-free all natural deodorant with tea tree oil. As for the egg, an exploded egg in the bator would be horrible. The nasty bacteria could get all over the other eggs and into the shells of the other ones. This is why you need to CANDLE the eggs to get rid of the rotten ones. [​IMG]

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Get rid of it! Put it into a ziploc bag, seal it, then put it in the trashcan...OUTSIDE.

Asploded egg is disgusting...the smell literally burns your nose hairs...

4. Enselle

Enselle Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2008
    So... in a 21-day schedule, on or about what day would an egg start smelling rotten? I've got normal-smelling eggs, day 12, candling with my Mag Light LED shows dark masses and some veining in all my Red Star sex-links.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  5. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Quote:Mine are around day 14. And Ive only had that one rott so I would say around day13. I dont know exactly. Goodluck, -Jay

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by