Rouen cross pics?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Skylar Marie, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Skylar Marie

Skylar Marie In the Brooder

May 23, 2019
    Does any one have a picture of what a Rouen/Welsh Harlequin or a Rouen/Pekin duck might turn out to look like? I want to breed my Rouen male to my small pekin female or to one of my welsh harlequins (I have a silver and a golden.) I’m not sure which one I want to breed him with though.

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Hatchi Wan Kenobi

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Rouen to pekin depends entirely on what the pekin duck has going on genetics-wise 'under' the white and it might end up being a lot of things. Most often, however, it's black bibbed, so ducklings from a rouen to pekin cross would be black bibbed if that was the case. You might end up surprised, though.

Rouen to welsh harlequin would result in ducklings that look just like rouens color-wise, only they will be carrying the harlequin gene, so if you bred them together or back to welsh harlequins, you could get some snowy offspring from them.

Also, the gold phase welsh harlequins get the gold phase color from chocolate. So any male offspring from a cross between your rouen and a gold phase would be carrying chocolate, too. Females would not inherit it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: