Rouen duckling crooked neck...NEW PIC

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Deedee, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Deedee

Deedee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Kilgore, TX
    My 10 day old rouen has a crooked neck, I noticed it just this after noon. Can it develope this fast? also I read about a duckling that had it but can't find the thread [​IMG] Can someone help me on what can I give him and how much? [​IMG]

Thanks!!!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Vitamin E and B vitamins were suggested in that other thread. Can you get some brewer's yeast tablets and crush them up and sprinkle on the food? Can you get Poly Vi Sol? Walmart carries it by the bird supplies.

3. Deedee

Mar 30, 2009
    Kilgore, TX
    Yes I can I am going over that way tonight. Thanks so much. Wifezilla so sorry about JJ. [​IMG]

4. KnightslilAngel

KnightslilAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Milford/Norwalk, CT
    I have a duck who has a croocked neck i always assumed it was bad egg turning [​IMG]
    But good luck :3

5. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Any updates Deedee?

6. Deedee

Mar 30, 2009
    Kilgore, TX
    Quote:Well i went and got the meds as you suggested and not better, but not any worse. I wish I could get my camera to upload so I could send a pic. How long does it take for me to notice a difference. Thanks~

7. KnightslilAngel

Apr 14, 2009
    Milford/Norwalk, CT
    When we took our duck to the vets a Vitamin or protein shoot worked wonders. She had NEVER help her neck streight(she was baught from ideal-poultry day old) And when she got home from that shot she was walking with her head up heres a pic of how bad it was for her when she was growwing up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She was happy and lively untill teh sesures occured. She had a really bad day and we might put her down soon. [​IMG]

I do hope your baby gets better

8. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    One of my ducks has a crooked neck, it's different than yours, almost s shaped) I noticed it at about ten days too. He doesn't stay as clean as the other water birds, but he gets around fine and spends plenty of time chasing (but rarely catching, and never managing a full mount as far as I've seen) on the females. My neighbor who also has poultry said he would probably be picked off by predators in a few months, but because they have a secure night pen, I haven't lost him or any of my other birds (at night. Another neighbor's dog cut a swath through my roosters one day, thank goodness the hens were locked up!)

He's 2 now and if you asked how he was, he'd tell you he was just ducky! lol

Sorry, I think it must be getting late!

9. Deedee

Mar 30, 2009
    Kilgore, TX
    This isn't a grea tpic, but i couldn't get one of her standing up still. [​IMG] But you can get a general idea, even when she's standing up or walking her head is turning this way. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. KnightslilAngel

Apr 14, 2009
    Milford/Norwalk, CT
    Quote:Its probably nothing to worry about then. She's just different is all. Probably will grow out of it? But im not an expert so

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by