Rouen Ducklings!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by aprildyer9678, Mar 25, 2013.

1. aprildyer9678

aprildyer9678 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2013
    Today is the 25th of March and my 4 little Rouens are supposed to be shipped out today! I am so excited[​IMG]I am also a tad worried because I live in Sharon, VT and it seems like such a long way to ship! from Texas... I hope they will be healthy upon arrival! has anyone ever used ducks for your backyard? and did you have a good experience? It makes me sad to think that they go through such a process when they are in such a fragile stage of life. Looking forward to hearing from you:) Thanks, -April

2. Jesz

Jesz Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2012
    Scott La
    Post pictures once you get them. I hope the shipper is putting warming packs in the shipping box. I'm in South La and the weather will be in the 30's the next couple nights. Best of luck on your new babies.

We had 3 rouen's hatch yesterday and 2 today.[​IMG] We have turkeys this will be the first batch of ducks we raise.[​IMG]

3. aprildyer9678

Mar 9, 2013
    I received my ducklings this morning at 7:00 a.m. and they are all doing very well so far! [​IMG] Boy, are they cute!! we love them so much!!! 3 girls Amber, Jade and Onyx! and 1 boy witch we are just gonna call Drake. Maybe LUCKY as he does have 3 beautiful little girlies all to himself [​IMG] LOL! I will post pictures soon! -April and new babies

4. 3acres

3acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    Congrats! I'm glad they made it there all ok! My Rouen ducklings get shipped April 1st! ...can't wait!

5. aprildyer9678

Mar 9, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are the little cuties! ENJOY

6. aprildyer9678

Mar 9, 2013
    Thanks! and WOW!!!! you have a lot of animals. We had chickens about 7 yrs. ago and unfortunately we had a fox get them:( We tried pygmy goats for about 3 yrs and then we gave them to a bigger farm because we just didn't have enough space here where we are! But, we still get to see them so that's a bonus! we do have 1 rabbit 2 cats 4 dogs 2 tanks full of fish and now the ducks! and I think that is as far as it will go!!

7. OnceYouGoQuack

OnceYouGoQuack Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2013
    CONGRATS!! So glad to hear your babies arrived okay and are doing well!

I've only had mine for a couple weeks and I ALREADY feel like crying about "how they just grow up so fast" :)

ADORABLE!!! Best regards with your new arrivals!

8. 3acres

3acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    Yeah, I have a few animals....[​IMG]. ..just getting started. I love it! I'm afraid I will never be content though...lol. I've just been a duck owner for 3 weeks now....3 Pekins. That's good that you still get to go see your goats you had! Mine are just about a year old now....I have 4. Very nice, cute little ducklings! I hope mine are just like that! I got on the Internet to order exactly what you did....3 females and a drake...all Rouens. I got excited and must of blacked-out. Because when I came to, I had an email confirming my order for 10 Rouens and 2 Pekins....lol. Good Luck with yours!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by