Rouen Male Ducks too much

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by polenslager, Jul 20, 2011.

1. polenslager

polenslager Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2008
    post falls Idaho
    I have three male rouen ducks and am considering getting them a new home..
    but I am not sure where is the best place to post the info here or on craigs list ect?
    I don't want them hurt, eaten ect.. I would want them to go to a great home with someone
    who has ducks...
    any suggestions?

We have chickens, have had them for the last four years and LOVE them! The ducks were
    a gift as tiny babies and while they are cute, funny ect.. they are trashing my koi pond and
    to be honest I don't think I am cut out for ducks.. they are free range now, in the coop with my
    girls and are let out each morning.

2. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    There's a buy/sell/auction forum here that would be a great place. I also have excellent luck with craigslist in rehoming my extra birds. Just be sure to specify what kind of a home they should go to, and that you will only respond to inquiries that indicate they understand what you expect. I ignore responses that say only, "Are they still available," or "When can I get them?" or "I want these!" and respond to those who provide a little information about where they will be going. I also don't respond to people whose grammar and spelling is so bad I can barely understand them. I have found these measures to be pretty reliable in finding good homes for my duckies.

Good luck!

3. polenslager

polenslager Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2008
    post falls Idaho
    Ah great suggestions, thanks I will try them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by