1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

roul roul partridge pen build

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Wolrep, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Wolrep

Wolrep Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Today I started my roul roul partridge pen build. The pen is going to be 8x8x7. Got in the main poles and the base today. Used 2"x16"x8' for the base birds and put 4" of them under ground. Inside the pen I'll be putting 1ft of sand for the birds. It is being built over a existing low light plant garden so during the summer it will be well planted which is what the birds love. Just picked up a 100ft roll of 1/2"x1/2" wire. I will be updating every day as I build on the pen. Any advice or suggestions feel free to give. As of now when the pen is done there will be a pair of roul roul partridge and a pair of zebra doves. Anyone have any finch suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Lady goulians will brighten up the pen a little or scarlett grass keets,owl finch.What are your temps like?
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
  4. Wolrep

Aug 29, 2012
    Thanks for the info tony. I am in central Florida. It's 65f outside right now. Summer it's high 90s during the day and mid 70s at night, winter at night average mid 50' and mid 70s during the day.

5. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Cocktiels,rosellas man with those temps the list is endless.You can choose whatever you want.I like the scarlett grasskeets,lots of brilliant colors and they will set and hatch their own chicks.
    In N.H.,Tony.

6. Wolrep

Aug 29, 2012
    Thanks for the bird suggestions tony.

Got the main cage frame done today. Tomorrow the wire go's on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cajunfowl0

cajunfowl0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2014
    Louisiana
    Post pics of the birds when u get them plz!! They're one of my favorites :D

8. Wolrep

Aug 29, 2012
    Main cage is done. Will finish the rest of the safety gate tomorrow. Picked up the birds on Monday. They are loving there new enclosure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. cajunfowl0

cajunfowl0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2014
    Louisiana
    looks amazing!!!!

10. Wolrep