Round 2! Help me sex my 8 week mixed flock, EE, SS, RIR, GLW, Del, LB

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by erinangele, Sep 9, 2011.

1. erinangele

erinangele Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Round 2! My "girls" are now 8 weeks old. They are supposed to be girls, but it seems like every week i'm worried a different one is a Roo [​IMG] Here are my six girls:

RIR- her comb just started turning pinkish this week, but it is still not as pink as most of the others.
    [​IMG]

Del, GLW, and RIR again (same one, i only have one of each breed). The GLW's face has turned pretty red over the past few days.
    [​IMG]

Del again. Her comb is still yellow.
    [​IMG]

SS- This one has not followed the same feathering pattern as the rest. Very slow to feather out, and notice how small "her" tail is compared to the rest. She has a black sheen to her dark feathers on her back. Her comb was the first to turn pink, but has not darkened over the past few weeks and it is now pretty much the same color as most of them.
    [​IMG]

EE- pretty sure this one is a girl based on what i have read about color etc.
    [​IMG]

LB-The newest "girl" to make me worry, lol. I just noticed that her tail feathers are starting to point down.
    [​IMG]

Here is a close up of "her" comb.
    [​IMG]

Group shot of their backs/tails.
    [​IMG]

What do you think?

2. JPinVT

JPinVT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Vermont
    They all look like ladies to me! [​IMG]

3. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    I say all girls...the EE looks identical to mine, as does your reds and light brahma...I had a light brahma roo that had a HUGE comb at 8 weeks..so i definately say all pullets!

4. sunnyvera

sunnyvera Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2010
    NE Ohio
    All sweet girls.

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I am going with the general concensus and saying all girls as well. [​IMG] Your Dellie girl is so pretty!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  6. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Looks like all girls to me. [​IMG]

7. MassivelyScrambled

MassivelyScrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    Northern California
    The Golden laced and the EE are both pullets, I dont know enough about the other breeds to make a firm guess.[​IMG]

8. erinangele

erinangele Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Oh i hope you are all right! [​IMG] We can't have a roo and im so attached to all of them.

9. miniappleyard

miniappleyard New Egg

Sep 10, 2011
    id say thay are all girls at present but id keep an eye on that all brown one ... its a 50/50 to me and needs a bit more time to be 100%

10. Silkiesandco

Silkiesandco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Canada eh?
    Yay! All girls!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by