Round one and two goes to......

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lilcritters, Nov 18, 2011.

1. lilcritters

lilcritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2011
    White Church Missouri
    ME! It all started when we heard an ad on the radio for chickens for sale. 20 RIR 2-3 years old $3.00 each. WOW you can't get them THAT cheap raising them. So we went. Poor hens looked rough. Assuming they where molting so I cut them some slack. We took 10 of them. The guy also had 3 roosters. Hubby wanted to take a look at them. 2 black JG and one he didn't know what it was. I said Buff Orpington. HUGE rooster maybe 15 pounds.. Well I walked around the JG and they tried to get us through the pens. I said no I don't need a roo I have to watch my back with. Then we walked over to the Buff. He tried the same thing... I said no I don't need one that wants to fight you. Well hubby won out and wanted the Buff. Warned him all the way home "If he tries to take me on we WILL be eating him" Well we put him and the girls in the other side of the coop away from the other chickens. After 5 days we mingled the new hens with the old ones. I was hesitant to turn the new boy out because he out weights our RIR roo by 5 or more pounds. So we put him in a wire dog crate and left him in some grass. Night came and I said lets just take the whole cage in the barn and leave him for the night. Next morning I went to the barn. We tried to come after me through the cage. I said "Bad move big boy" That night We both went to the barn. He did it again. Told hubby" he is going to taste real good if he don't stop!" He continued. I said shut the barn door. I opened the create and he came out and nailed me. I grabbed roo by neck gave him a few shakes, down to the ground we went and I sat on him.... You know when I turned him loose he went and hid. So I left him alone in the barn. Next morning he hid from me. Next afternoon he decided he was going to try again... Size 9 shoe said otherwise. So far he has minded his manners and stayed far away........ We will see if there is a round 3 and a knockout cause its his last chance....

April

2. redhotchick

redhotchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Get you a radio & play "Eye of the Tiger" when you go out to get in the mood!

3. lilcritters

Oct 8, 2011
    White Church Missouri
    Silly roos.... he hasn't went for round three yet!!!! I come in he goes and hides....

April

4. lilcritters

Oct 8, 2011
    White Church Missouri
    Silly roos.... he hasn't went for round three yet!!!! I come in he goes and hides....

April

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by