round worms

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by abhaya, Nov 30, 2010.

1. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    My coop got flooded by heavey rain and while cleaning up the mess i discovered adult round worms under a roost where only one chicken roosts. She must have a heavy worm load. How do I treat her. I would like to treat my entire flock as well. and are the eggs we have gotten from her ok to eat or should I pitch them?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  2. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=385238

WORMING
    YOUR CHICKENS - FROM THE GOSPEL of JAMES (Chapter dawg53 1-2-3)
    1. Wazine17 - two ounces in two gallons of water for one day - dump eggs for two weeks
    ...Ten days later:
    2. Valbazen -one half cc/ml for standard size chickens, one quarter cc/ml for smaller chickens including silkies. You can use an oral syringe to squirt it down their throats individually or you can inject it into a small piece of bread and give each chicken a piece of bread....they gobble it up. - dump the eggs for two weeks
    3. ...after a couple of days of using each of both wormers....give your chickens plain yogurt or buttermilk(probiotics), canned beef cat food (extra protein) with scrambled eggs all mixed in their feed and give it to them to build up their immune systems, do this about 3 days in a row. Then you'll have healthy, happy chickens lol.
    The next time you worm,say in about 6 months or whenever you see fit...you can use the Valbazen first, no need to use the Wazine 17 unless you want to. Please PM anytime and I'll be happy to help you with worming. Jim.
    Buy a quart of buttermilk, pour it into a large container with a gallon of milk. Let the five quarts sit at room temperature for 24 hours, stirring occasionally, and you'll have five quarts. Save a quart to use with another gallon of milk later.
    BTW, buttermilk will keep for a very long time in the refrigerator.
    Store in a glass container(s).

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  3. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    Thankyou very much

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by