Roundworm- Need help finding Cure product

bakhbakhchicken123

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2020
Spotted two adult roundworms in my 12 week old silkie chickens' poop today. I've attached a photo. So far, I purchased Safeguard's multi-species dewormer pellets (ferbenzadole) which is a broad-sprectrum feed medication that deworms many worm species. It ships in around 10 days max- so I am worried. I'm having difficulties finding the roundworm dewormer specifically by the name "piperazine". If anyone can link an inexpensive solution/powder for this/advice on how to handle this, that would be greatly appreciated. I really hope that they don't die in the mean time
roundworm.jpg

I would have bought SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer or the Equine paste. Dosage is 1/4 ml per pound of weight given orally once and repeated in 10 days for roundworm treatment. If given for 5 consecutive days, it will treat roundworms, cecal worms, capillary/thread worms, and gapeworm. Normally there is a 14 day egg withdrawal if she was old enough to lay eggs. I dont’t know the dosage of the pellets. It is not as accurate as giving the liquid or paste orally.

Do you know of any Piperazine or Wazine products that I can purchase from a local store. The sooner I get treatment the better.

UPDATE: I ended up going to a local store and purchasing this overly priced homeopathic solution that cannot harm the chicken but is helpful in removing the worms from their body. Hopefully, when my shipment of Safeguard's multi-species dewormer pellets (ferbenzadole) arrives, I will be able to get rid of the roundworms for good.

Back
Top Bottom