Roundworm treatment help, not sure after reading posts

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cmax01, Jan 23, 2017.

1. cmax01

cmax01 New Egg

Apr 15, 2016
    Good afternoon! I apologize for a repeat post but I'm just getting so dang confused on how to treat my girls. I cleaned out their coop today and saw roundworms and of course, I read that Wazine is the usual course of treatment. I've seen people say not to eat the eggs during treatment and never to eat the eggs again...Canada and Australia say no withholding of eggs bc it's not approved by the FDA in the US. I'm not opposed to giving it to them but just wanted some BTDT expertise. [​IMG]The girls have not decreased egg production and I give ACV in each water change.

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Welcome to BYC!

Wazine does a good job killing roundworms but a broad spectrum wormer such as Pancur,Safegaurd,Valbazen would be better.To answer your question you can eat the after 17 days after treatment.The wormers posted above can be found at feed stores and will be labeled under Horses and goats but can be used on poultry.I would treat them with one of the wormers posted above not wazine.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  3. cmax01

cmax01 New Egg

Apr 15, 2016
    Thank you very much!! I really appreciate it!

4. cmax01

cmax01 New Egg

Apr 15, 2016

5. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Your welcome,Glad i could help.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by