Roxanne VS Soon to be gone dog

CrazyChickieMama

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Bolton, NC
My RIR Roxanne was attacked yesterday by a dog who got into my fenced in yard. I had just come into the house to check on my son and put the eggs away. I came back out and he was dragging her by the neck. I rescued her and now she's in a brooder box in my living room. I thought she had broken wings, but when my husband and I were cleaning her wounds last night, she proved us both wrong by getting out of DH hand's and flying away!!! She's being given antibiotics and aspirin, daily wound care with neosporin, and lots of delicious food. She even laid an egg today!

But now it sounds like she has a case of "the chicken sniffles" (IDK the real term) What do I give her for that? She was destined for the freezer because of her attitude, but I think if she can survive all this, she's staying!!!!

Sorry for the long post!!!

I'm glad Roxanne is still with you! Sounds like she has quite a will to live. Good luck with her!
smile.png

I informed the owner that if the dog came after any of my animals again, I'd shoot it. They run after everything. They have already lost one dog because they like to chase cars. Another one has been hit but survived and now they chase the mailperson whenever she walks down the street....She has taken to spraying them with citronella spray whenever they charge at her...I HATE it when people let their dogs run loose. But, we live in the country, so it happens.

Back
Top Bottom