Royal and Princess

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Angel_Feather, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Angel_Feather

Angel_Feather Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
    One day as I was going to Brooksher's Feed Store for some chicken feed, I noticed a weak cheeping noise. Walking around the building to investigate, I saw a baby chick! I picked it up and warmed it in my hands. It was a male black-tailed white Japenese bantam! It peeped and popped it's head through my fingers, looking around. It squirmed and wiggled in my hand, and then finally nuzzled it's head back into my pocket. I grinned and walked to the counter. "Hello!" I said. "Why hello there. I think your chicken feed is in the back of your car now." The clerk said in reply. Pulling out the chick, I set it on the counter. "What do you have there?" He inquired. "Oh, it's a chick! Where did you find it?" Confused, I asked him if it wasn't was for sale. He shook his head. "No, we've never even seen this chick before." He said. "Well, lucky you! Best be off!" I waved good-bye and started up the car. The noise scared the chick and it started to cheep loudly. "It's alright..." I said, trying to soothe him. He stopped cheeping, looked up at me, and started to trill-"tseetseetseetsee! tseetseetseetseetsee!" Then he fell asleep.
    When we got home, I set the baby chick in a cardboard box filled with shavings, then put out some clean water and crumbled feed for it. He seemed to appreciate it and snapped up the feed quickly. I soon was able to let the chick out with the other chickens, who were, of course, adults, but the chick wasn't bothered. When the adults came to fight him, he merely shooed them away by giving them a peck. He was royal. But now, he's Royal.
    Royal stayed up all night cheeping. He appeared to be crying. Many nights were spent comforting him. But he never felt better.
    Finally, the feed ran out and I had to go to the feed store again, where he was discovered. This time, another sound came, but it was even weaker than Royal's cheep. Four chicks were nestled together in the wet morning grass. Taking pity on the chicks, I bundled them up and took them into the store. I sold three of them, but kept the different one. The different one was pure white, as white as a pearl, as white as snow. Her voice warbled like a thousand doves. She was definitely a Princess.
    As I took Princess into the cage, Royal came scurrying up to me. Cheeping excitedly, he started jumping up and down, impatient to see what treat I had brought for him. As I set Princess down gently, he actually nuzzled his cheek against hers. They were the perfect match for each other.
    Every day, Princess would follow Royal anywhere he went. He picked up little worms and pieces of grass or bread for her to eat. This was true love, but it wasn't the end. They are still alive, and their story is yet to be written.

2. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    Awe how sweet!

3. Angel_Feather

Nov 20, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
    Thanks! n.n They are pretty cute, caring for each other like that!
    [​IMG]

4. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Can we see pictures of these special chickens?

5. Angel_Feather

Nov 20, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
    Right now my camera is missing. Sorry! I'll show you the closest thing I can to what they look like from Google-

This is the closest I came to Royal-
    [​IMG]

This is the closest I came to Princess, but imagine her without the black tail-
    [​IMG]

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Post your pics whats your avatar?

7. Angel_Feather

Nov 20, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
    ?
    What do you mean...?

8. Angel_Feather

Nov 20, 2009
    Dawsonville, GA
    I askes a question...are you still there?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by