Royal Palm died

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rufflemyfeathers, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    My little Royal Palm Turkey that was hatched on Monday Night well I found it this morning dead...poor thing..I din't want to put it outside for the wild animals to eat so I cremated it..so now I only have one turkey and have it with the 7 white chicks out in coop so it is not lonely even if the protein food is off..it is going to grow up with the white chickens..and probably get attached to it that won't put on my Thanksgiving Dinner table..

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm sorry! I'm worried about my little guy that hatched on Monday and is alone too.

3. Rufflemyfeathers

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    I hate it when they are alone..being lonely is no fun so hoping my other turkey and the white chicks always get along.. do you have any other baby to put it with?

4. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    I have a lone baby too. I had one Mille Fleur and a Serama hatch at the same time - well, at least they had eachother. A week later, I came home from picking up the kids from school, one of them was dead in a section of the waterer. GREAT. So, he's alone too - My son gave him a little stuffed animal off his bed and so far he's cuddling with it.

5. Rufflemyfeathers

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Oh I am so sorry of your chickie lose too..that is so sweet of your son to share his stuff animal with the lonely little chickie.. I am only going to keep the other turkey and not going to hatch anymore turkeys..have not had good luck with turkeys..will stick to chickies..

6. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Aww, that is sad. At least you have some other animals to keep it company. So sorry. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by