1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Royal palm turkey twisted leg NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Jazzygirl, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Jazzygirl

Jazzygirl New Egg

Aug 29, 2013
    My Royal Palm turkey's right leg is twisted outward. We've been giving them antibiotics and vitamins because they were sickly when we got them. We've tried splints and taping the two legs together hoping it would keep the leg from twisting outward, but none of it has worked. Is there anyway to solve this? I really need help.

2. mrclif

mrclif Out Of The Brooder

May 27, 2013
    Alabama
    I got an 3 month old eastern with one of her legs twisted at the joint and turned outwards. She is unable to use it. I wish I could help, but I've been at a loss. I dont know wheather to put her down or jus let her be. I've raised since they where a few hours old and hate to put her down.

3. Jazzygirl

Jazzygirl New Egg

Aug 29, 2013
    We've been researching how to help the twisted leg, if we find something I'll let you know, I hope your turkey gets better.

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  5. Jazzygirl

Jazzygirl New Egg

Aug 29, 2013
    We just tried something with our turkey, I'll let you know how it works out.

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I would love to see pictures of what you're doing.

-Kathy

7. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

x2

8. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by