royal palm turkey

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by DaKid, Nov 20, 2009.

1. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    OK Lately my female RP Turkey seem to be a pain in me butt ,
    there run is about 30 ft long by 18 plus ft wide with a 6ft. high fence which houses a pair of burbon red turkeys and a 1 male to 3 female Royal Palm turkeys .
    The problems is I have some times 1 or 2 of the females RP Turkey hens seem to be flying over the 6 feet high fence each night and sleeping in the trees or on top of the chichen coop roof and each morining I have to chase at lease 1 of these girls each day out side of the run , I think it's time for turkey soup or turkey dinner for them .I thougth that these would not fly like the wide turkeys which I have but with a netting over them after chasing them around the yard tooo [​IMG] Loooks Like I'll have to cut there wings or cover them in the run with a top netting [​IMG] dame turkeys.........................too close 4 turkey dinner [​IMG]

2. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Yeah, clipping their wings should help.

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    It's natural instinct for them to roost as high as possible in order to stay away from predators. Mine free range and they roost on top of the chicken pens at night. Except for my gobbler "George" who thinks he should sleep in the house and protests not being allowed to by sleeping on the porch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by