1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Royal Palm turkeys free to good home

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by my3aussies, Jan 15, 2015.

1. my3aussies

my3aussies New Egg

Jun 5, 2014
    I have 2 gorgeous Royal Palm turkeys (Tom and hen) that are about 7-8 months old. We got them to protect our free ranging Silkie chickens during the day. They've been doing a great job at that but now the Tom is getting territorial about his yard, hens, etc.

I don't have the patience to prove to[​IMG]
    one more animal that I'm dominant. I already have 3 horses and 4 dogs that require this from me everyday.

We are located in Creston, CA near Paso Robles.
    Sharon
    805-835-5014

2. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    280 miles from my place!

I will post on the California and northern California threads.

3. DevilsDenHen

DevilsDenHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh im near you but now i have to go beg hubby lol

4. MELINDAPOO

MELINDAPOO New Egg

Mar 6, 2009
    Sharon will you ship them if I pay the shipping cost?

Thanks,
    Melinda

5. JJSS89

JJSS89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2014
    E Washington
    Holy smokes. Talk about shipping costs.

Melinda where are you located? I imagine there is somebody who is closer that wouldn't need $500 in shipping to get you some turkeys.

6. MELINDAPOO

MELINDAPOO New Egg

Mar 6, 2009
    Sharon
    I live in Stafford, VA. I can't believe it would cost $500 to ship them. WOW! !

7. JJSS89

JJSS89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2014
    E Washington
    Well I ordered a hound pup a few years back and it cost $250 in shipping and that was direct to the airline. You may be able to find a better deal on a freight line but then you're looking at a week or so of shipment time. There are rules about shipping live animals that you'd want to be aware of.

I just did a quote...for two turkeys you'd probably be looking at least a large but probably an XL which would be around $400-450

8. DevilsDenHen

DevilsDenHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Sharon. Do you still have these guys available. I live about 45 min from you and am interested in maybe giving them a home.

9. my3aussies

my3aussies New Egg

Jun 5, 2014
    These guys went to their new home yesterday. The gal was a turkey whisperer too. Tom loved her!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by