Royal Purple guinea youngsters for sale-Southern Indiana

Where are you exactly in Southern Indiana? We are in the Evansville area. We are really interested in the guineas! If you're close enough we'll take them!
Amy J.

Hi Amy,
I shop in Tell City at Walmart, so yes I'm close to you.
These are boys. And I notice you have a silkie roo, so I don't know if that would be a problem or not, such as, if they would be confined together.
Susie

Last edited:
Actually I was going by the size of their wattles to tell their sex. I could be wrong. I have only heard one make the boy noise. One that I thought was a boy, turned out to be a girl and she had big wattles too. I could be sexing them too early.

How many do you have? I'm waiting for my husband to get home to tell me what he wants to do! We've been looking for more guineas and he was just as excited as I was when we saw your post.
About the Silkie roo... we lost him about 2 weeks ago to a dog bite. It was in town when that happened and we are back at our farm now! All of our chickens and guineas free range and are locked up at night.
Amy J.

One more question? Both males and females will make the "rackrackrackrack" (one syllable, machine gun) sound. Have any made the "buck-wheat" (2 syllable) sound? Only females will make that sound. It's pretty easy to distinguish that way before they are older. Thanks!
Amy J.

I have 3.
I haven't heard them do either the buckwheat or the rackrackrack, except for the one. I did see two of them waving their head at each other which tells me they were both boys.

Sorry to hear about your Silkie. I just love my Silkie bantams.

Back
Top Bottom