Rposter Attacks!

shelby528

Songster
10 Years
Aug 5, 2009
Ontario
I was wondering if any one else noticed that roosters attack often? I had an incident today with a rooster charging me while I was in the barn! I had no idea what to, so when he got close enough, I just drop kicked him. Any other ideas? He ended up dying but the way I see it is, self defense...so kill or be killed type of thing. Is this behaviour normal?

lol.png
No, your behavior was not normal.
lol.png

I don't know, but when I went to check on him after I kicked him...he was laying there dead. Not aggresive at all...he has already attacked me once, and I let him away with just a kick to the behind and today he jumped on me, charged me and pecked at me....so I kicked him when he charged at me! lol

Wow! Remind me not to be reincarnated as a rooster. LOL.

Seriously, I am a klutz and failed miserably in PE, so I don't even try to kick our aggressive roo (he knows and I am sure is laughing at me on the side). I take a squirt bottle with me and if he gets too close, I squirt him with the water. You can put a little lemon juice or apple cider vinegar-just a touch so it has a smell.

We use the same squirt bottle to train our dogs and our cats.

Someone else said that they wore a red sweater and imitated the Roo with the head movements and stomping of the feet and crowing and the Roo knows that she is top Roo when she comes out in her red sweater.

Haha,
well this isn't my roo and its where I work. I don't think water would scare them, these guys are huge! I believe that they are leghorns or something along those lines. I definetly am not excited to go back in there, but I'm not scared of them. I'm pretty sure that the others, got the jist of the whole you run at me, I'll kick you type of deal. I'm not a klutz when it comes to sports or physical activity, so if another one does run at me, yes I am going to kick it. lol

I am SERIOUSLY rethinking my decision to get a roo...only had him 3 days. Hasn't attacked *yet* but the most skittish thing! I'm worried about letting him around my girls after quarantine...
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom