Rubber eggs

Daniellewicz

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2021
Hi guys, so maybe twice a month I usually end up with a rubber egg in the coop, today this double connected rubber egg was found in the coop. And for some reason she always lays her rubber eggs on the ground. Any particular reason for concern or diet change? I believe it’s my 6 month old Dixie rainbow laying these every once in awhile.
88D4B7FE-F677-4507-BAC0-DC4261D53799.png
5E6079B3-8D0C-4D4D-9B69-3ABE24175182.png

Double Shell-less eggs.

How old are the birds, & what do you feed including treats, how often are treats given?
They are about 6/7 months old. They get crumble mixed with grains in their feeder, mealworms as treats, used to be everyday now maybe twice a week. Plus my neighbors bring them vegetables maybe a couple times a week. They do get fed quite a bit

They are about 6/7 months old. They get crumble mixed with grains in their feeder, mealworms as treats, used to be everyday now maybe twice a week. Plus my neighbors bring them vegetables maybe a couple times a week. They do get fed quite a bit
Cut the grains out of the feed. Scratch is a treat, & shouldn't be part of a main diet. They'll pick the grains out, & leave their main food alone.

Is it a layer crumble, or flock Raiser?

And for some reason she always lays her rubber eggs on the ground. Any particular reason for concern or diet change? I believe it’s my 6 month
Starter hiccup, feels more like a poo than an egg without the shell. Once the shell gland kicks in it should quickly correct including placement.

Diet.. sounds like a recipe for disaster from what I see so far. Do they have access to a formulated ration?

Congrats on your new layers, and welcome to BYC! :wee

We are having a similar issue. Year old silkie started laying rubber eggs (maybe 3 in the last 5 weeks). Diet is layer pellets and free range (same as the other chickens who are not having this issue). Appreciate if anyone has any thoughts/ideas!

Thanks!

Attachments

• C5B7AF56-1C28-497B-9153-8EC97B2FA975.jpeg
    C5B7AF56-1C28-497B-9153-8EC97B2FA975.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom