Rubber maid brooder is a good thing.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Turkeyrangler, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    Looked over at the brooder a while ago and saw this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I actually forgot and left the top off last night for a little while and found the cat sitting on the stool next to the brooder looking in at them. I don't think he would hurt them, but you never know. He doesn't mess with the adult hens or turkeys. He's a big fraidy cat...[​IMG]

2. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Now just how did my cat get in that picture????

3. Turkeyrangler

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    Quote:Didn't he tell ya. He decided to get away from your hot humid summers by coming up here for the next six months. BTW...his name is Dodsworth or Fat Cat depending on the day.

4. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    Lol! I wouldn't trust him one bit!

5. tiffanya

tiffanya Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    I've caught my great dane doing the same thing! Well, nose pressed againt the wire, not entirely laying on it. [​IMG]

6. ams4776

ams4776 Chillin' With My Peeps

Kinda cute but would be soo thankful that wire is holding lol

7. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Quote:Didn't he tell ya. He decided to get away from your hot humid summers by coming up here for the next six months. BTW...his name is Dodsworth or Fat Cat depending on the day.

No, no......her name is Oh, my Kitty, my Cat....and she loves living here I rescued her and she is ever so grateful that she allows me to live with her and give her treats!

Can you believe it? Your cat could be the cat in my avitar!

8. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    I can trust my cats 100%. I have pics of them caring for chicks.

9. Turkeyrangler

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior

No, no......her name is Oh, my Kitty, my Cat....and she loves living here I rescued her and she is ever so grateful that she allows me to live with her and give her treats!

Can you believe it? Your cat could be the cat in my avitar!

Yup. looks like we have plain old gray tabby cats. I'm not a big cat lover, but this guy is very cool. Someone dumped him and his sister out here in the country in October 2009 as kittens. He came to the door in a snow storm and we took him in. His sister went feral and never would come to us. He had every opportunity to eat them last night. He was alone with them for at least 10 minutes and didn't do a thing. I still don't trust him though...not yet anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by