1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

rubber plucker fingers...Cheap place to buy them???

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Country Living Farm, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    Anyone know a cheap place to buy them? I need about 25 or so.

2. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    Quote:I will interested to see responses. Are you making your own plucker? If so, where did you get the plans?

3. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

not sure where the cheapest place to buy them is, but did you know that usually you can use a rubber tie down? you know the rubber straps with the S hooks on the ends? cut them into 3 to 4 inch T's and stick them through the holes - much cheaper and works just as well. the T top part keeps it from flying out the hole.

this works if you are making your own plucker, I mean, for the ones you have to screw in, I'm not sure if it would work - probably not.

meri

4. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    I got some from Meyer Hatchery for $1.21 each. That doesn't include shipping, but I bought some other things that got shipped with them.

5. Country Living Farm

Country Living Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Florida
    I have those rubber strap things now. I wanted to see if there was a difference between the two.

I made a plucker out of a grinder, PVC, nuts/bolts, and straps.

Will post a pict when I get a chance.

6. dancingbear

dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    I'm wondering if any of you folks have tried the bungee tie fingers in a whix bang tub plucker? Or do you have to have the regular ones? The fingers I saw on the Kent site didn't look like they screw in, they looked like they just pull through. Can you just not tell from the pics?

7. chickeydee

chickeydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    hi I saw a you tube video on a unconventional chicken plucker and it works just like the whiz bang . He uses a hose . if you put in that phase I said you can see it on you tube .

8. pepper48_98

pepper48_98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Tulsa,Ok
    I bought mine from Kent Co. and they pull through and snap into place. Like a valve stem on a tire. I did see a good buy on them on e-bay. I will find the link.

9. pepper48_98

pepper48_98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Tulsa,Ok
  10. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    I sell them. Just check out my link at the bottom or my BYC page. There is several BYC'ers that have bought from me as well & I'm sure would let you know about them. I also sell some on eBay but not near the same price as the one posted above. This person used to have his listed at about the same price as mine. I'm not sure why he has started selling them so cheap.

I offer them in yellow & black.

i have seen the youtube videos of the bungee cords & they don't look like they work as well as the commercial fingers.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by