1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rude Feedstore Employee! Update!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Quail_Antwerp, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Ok I just got back from the local feedstore, the one I got the chicks in for.... [​IMG]

I have an account with them, so nothing on my account right now, so I picked up 2 bags of scratch and 2 bags of layer, told Donna I'll be in on Saturday when the people pick up their chicks to pay my account off.

she said Ok

she's adding up my account right?

she didn't add it up and put my total down so that I know what I owe because her oldest son who no longer lives at home calls.....AND

instead of saying I have customers hold on a minute, she ignores US and starts talking to HIM says, I'll finish adding this later and then asks her son did you knock up your girlfriend and just walks off!!

Mom and I carried ALL 4 bags of feed out ourselves!! I've never been so rudely treated ever!!

I was just so [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So I told DH I will not be buying there again after I pay off my bill and will be getting all my feeds from Landmark, which is 11 miles from me instead of 5, but they are soo much nicer and they refuse to let us help carry feed to our vehicles!

smell the smoke coming from my ears?

It was just really bad customer service! Really!

Worse, the owner just doesn't care that she does this stuff! [​IMG]

I almost fell carrying out a bag of feed. I tripped over a platform because I couldn't see it and DH said if I had fallen, we would be suing and owning the feedstore [​IMG]

So now I'm trying to cool off, reading new posts on here, and sipping coffee!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I agree with you about going elsewhere where your business is appreciated. I've done the same thing. Poor customer service will lose my business every time.

3. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I don't get it. The economy is such that many good people need jobs. Most of us are spending less. Why would a company let someone like that interact with customers?

4. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:It's not a company. It is a locally owned feedstore by a local couple, who are farmers themselves! This woman is their only employee, who claims that she doesn't recieve a paycheck, but rather a bag of dog food for her dogs every 2 weeks. I don't believe that one lick!

I've told the owner that I'd gladly take her job and he could pay me in chicken feed! [​IMG]

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    Hm.. must be really lucky in your area, most everyone like around here is like that and we always have to carry out the feed oursevles. We really have no other choice because the other feed stores are in other towns.

Would you really have sued if you fell?

6. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

That is truly sad - maybe (considering her question to her kid) she was preoccupied? Just trying to be charitable [​IMG]

My feedstore rocks - the people there are so helpful and informative. They really know their stuff - and when one doesn't know, he goes to find one of the others who does know.

Too bad all stores (not just feedstores) couldn't be like that.

7. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I have a family feedstore and a chain store near me, and they're both more courteous than that.
    It doesna make sense.

8. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    No, I wouldn't have really sued if I fell. Hubby and I aren't really like that.

If we go to a big farm store, like TSC, we usually carry our own feed out, but they provide carts for us to wheel it out to our vehicle on.

This feedstore is just a small store, there supposedly to help out the local farmers, and you have to carry all the feed out the door and down the steps. No loading docks at all.

The other feedstores around here have loading docks that we just back our vehicle to and they load for us, or they have a drive thru area (like Agland) where you pull in, hand over your reciept, and they load you up.

9. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Complain to the owner (or was that the owner?). You'd be surprised how far 1 letter of complaint will go.

10. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Wow, that is rude in so many ways. Taking a personal phone call while talking to someone else...RUDE. Taking a personal phone call while being paid to do a job....RUDE and STUPID. Offending a customer badly enough that the customer never comes back....INEXCUSABLE.

I think I would have been saying a few rude things myself....
    I guess this stuff is free since they didn't put it on my account
    Looks like grandma is going to be looking for a job soon (way too much information to be shared with a customer)
    Hope the grandbaby has better manners than you....

I think I would make a point of talking to the manager about this, since you left without knowing if your bill had been totaled properly, and the employee left without completing the transaction. That is bad business, and bad for you because your bill relies on an unreliable person.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by