Rude inconsiderate hunters!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Jan 2, 2009.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Yes, this is a rant. We have a hunter come to our property to thin the herd and to provide us with meat for the winter. We're very careful about it and giving thanks to the animal for it's life and sustenance.

Today we saw buzzards in a huge flock. DH went to look and sure enough there was a deer carcass!! It wasn't the hunter who hunts our property, he hadn't been here for weeks. Whoever shot this deer let it fall on some one else's property and all they took was the antlers and tail!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It was already several days old and had been gut shot so there was nothing to be done with it. [​IMG]

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I hate a stupid waste like that. Don't blame you for being [​IMG]

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    OMG the WASTE!!!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    thats just sad!...such a waste of its life!...[​IMG]....it should have gone for food!...[​IMG]...

5. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

That is appalling. We let a few of our neighbors hunt on our land and always have dang poachers who leave the innards and such right on the trails where our children walk on Sundays. It totally traumatizes them. That is such a waste and obviously that person didn't use a license for that set of antlers and tail. [​IMG] You have every right to be ticked.

6. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Sounds to me more like a poacher. Hunters usually in most cases are more responsible than that. But theyre bad eggs in every group. And thats a huge reason why its getting harder and harder to find places to hunt.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

You have every right to be mad. I am assuming the person that did this did NOT have persmission to be on your property.....

8. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    That really is sad. I give away several deer a year. I just bought a meat grinder to put some deer burger up. I have ground up 3 for a family in our area that is down on their luck. I know it will be used.

It is not hard to give away deer meat. I generally have people standing in line for meat.

It really irks me to hear about people wasting deer in such a manor.

It is not uncommon to see deer on the side of the road with the hams and back straps missing. In some cases just the back straps. It makes me sick because someone could have used the rest of the meat. These poachers shoot them and take what they want and dump the remainder on the side of the road to rot.
    They should at least dispose of them in a legal manor.

I typically dig a big hole with our backhoe and bury the carcass as I need to.

Darin

9. bantamman13

bantamman13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    As a lifelong hunter who buys a license and respects the landowners where I hunt nothing makes me angrier than to hear about this kind disregard for the animal and the landowners. These are the same kind of people who are constantly complaining about having nowhere to hunt. DUH! Sorry for the loss of such a great animal for no reason.

10. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    While I understand you are angry the person(s) who did that is not a hunter. That person is a slob, a poacher, a trespasser. As a hunter I am sensitive when the word hunter is used in a negative way because a true hunter would never do such a thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by