Rude Person

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by greenfamilyfarms, Mar 13, 2009.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I recently received an email in response to an ad I had on Craigslist. This the message that I received:

"Hello

I need your phone number and address for a mapquest.

Thank you"

No name, no identifying info. Just the initials db in sender line.

So, I sent this reponse:

"Are you interested in just the Welsummer chick or other chicks?

Please let me know."

Then, I got the same exact email AGAIN! Weird, right! So this is what I said back:

"I'm sorry,but are you a real person? If I get this same email message again, I'm going to assume that you are not a real person."

Got the same response AGAIN except with a few changes:

"hello

yes this is a real person but you did not answer the requested info, that's way you got a (2) request.

I need your phone number and address for a mapquest.

thank you"

So, I sent a reply of:

"I'm sorry, but you didn't answer my question either. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not going to send you my info until you answer my question. I need to know since I have other people interested in the chicks also.

Thank you."

Then, I TRIED to explain very nicely that it is a part of biosecurity for my flock and to protect myself. They got angry and flagged all my posts on Craigslist. They still refuse to give me their info, even their name.

How should I handle this person? This is just silly and immature.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  2. texas_chick

texas_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Texas
    Don't handle them at all.
    No reason to continue this conversation, don't you think?
    I mean do you really want to invite this weirdo onto your property?

Sell the chicks to someone else and let this crazy person go...

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd ignore them and not respond any more. I certainly wouldn't give them any of my info.

4. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    I would just ignore it, I got message almost like that on here, and it basicaly said I need your silkie eggs tell me when blahh etc. but it was in a jibberish sorta way, that makes you read it 5 times over just to understand.

5. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    This guy sounds like he's trying to scam you. If this person knows where you live and what you have I'll bet you'd find some of your birds stolen.
    I wonder how many people would respond without thinking?

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Exactly!

7. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I agree w/ the people who think this person is scamming you and targeting you to steal your birds.

8. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I have people do the same thing to me. I eventually end up ignoring them. I also try to never meet people at my house.

9. GEZZZ I would not give some ya hoo my address off a web site for ANY reason. If they want to meet me someplace and exchange or sell or buy fine. NO ADDRESS given, NO way. I have heard that people WILL indeed steal your birds.

10. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Yes sounds like spam and they were rude. I would not answer again. It's always a good idea to get a free yahoo or hotmail account just for craigslist. That way you don't have to worry about junk going in your main email account. Lots of spam on craigslist. Uncle Henery's too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by