Rudy the D'Uccle roo I got from pbjmaker...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by thndrdancr, Mar 31, 2009.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    This is the pretty porcelain roo I got from pbjmaker, but the night before I picked him up, he got into a big fight with one of her other roo's. [​IMG] He looked pretty awful, like Rocky after the fight! [​IMG]

He is healing up nicely altho that one eye still bothers me, I am still putting antibiotic eye ointment on it,and neosporin type stuff on his comb (without the "caine").

Poor boy is so tired of me slathering stuff on him, but he is looking SO much better...every day a bit better

Thanks Steph....

four days ago..

[​IMG]

Last night....

[​IMG]

2. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    He's very handsome hope he gets better soon! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I really love the porcelain color, Jill. If I "went bantam", I'd try to get some Porcelain D'Uccles.

4. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I know, Cyn and you will be first on any egg list I ever have. [​IMG] If we EVER get moved...

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You still haven't moved? When do you think you'll be in your new house?

6. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Oh man, that is a big mess, we got held up due to firing our handyman, he started charging us WAY too much for doing absolutely nothing, so we kind of came to a standstill.

Then last Monday in those high winds, our pole barn got damaged, had 1/3 of the roof blown off, and house roof was leakin, insurance wont cover "outbuildings" as they had been going to get back to me how much it was to cover them (at first they told me they were covered) and they didnt. My bad, I should have rode their rears, but was busy. [​IMG] Estimate damage pole barn is $2,000. [​IMG] [​IMG]

So we dont have any one room ready to move into yet, altho we have made great progress! [​IMG]

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Thanks for posting pictures. You should have seen the loser of this battle. It is good they are in different homes now (mine and Jills). I hope his eye gets better. Itty Bitty's (the loser) eye was completly swollen shut the next day - I thought he was going to lose it or something it looked so bad. It's good now and he even has some feathers on his head again. I have never seen such a horrible fight (well the after affects anyway)

Keep me posted on how he does - and good luck moving into your new home!

8. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    he sure is purdy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by