Rugged ranch chicken run

sac54253

Hatching
Nov 11, 2022
Anyone has any positive/negative comments about the Rugged Ranch chicken run? I’m thinking about investing in a 15’ x 7’ x 6.25’ run.

Do you have a link to it?

From what I Googled, that brand is quite expensive and doesnt seem to be predator proof, so there will be extra costs associated with that. But it looks to be sturdier than other metal runs.

Link: https://ruggedranch.net/wire-pens-metal-coops/

Assuming I put hardware cloth skirt around the run, it appears predator proof from coyotes, cats, foxes, large birds, even bears…. I don’t know what could make it’s way in that, aside from small rodents and maybe small birds. I already have a large over EZ coop and I like the idea of a “movable run”.

I don’t know what could make it’s way in that, aside from small rodents and maybe small birds.
The most common worry: the hands of a raccoon. The whole raccoon cannot get in, but it can reach through and grab chickens to rip pieces off them.

It seems like chickens should be able to just stay toward the middle when they see a raccoon, and it would not be able to reach that far, but apparently chickens just don't do that.

Back
Top Bottom