Rumpless Barred Rock?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by justusnak, Apr 13, 2009.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I hatched this little guy out, a few months ago. He was born without the last digit in his spine for a tail! Why?? Im thinking I Might have something here! LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Wow...it is rumpless!!!!!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Yup! I was thinking...maybe try to start a whole new line...whatcha think!??

4. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    he's defective, you can ship him to me and i'll take care of him for ya [​IMG]

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Quote:Ummmmmmm, let me think about it...LOL He is sooo sweet too! Loves to be loved on! Wierdest Rooster I have EVER had on this place! [​IMG]

6. realmofthewoodsranch

realmofthewoodsranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Palintowne, Alaska
    LOL! I have a rumpless Cuckoo Marans right now. She got all of her tail feathers picked out by a bully. [​IMG]

7. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    thats awesome wish I had one!!!

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Quote:His wasnt picked out tho...wierd, just born without the last digit. Wonder if I can breed him..and get rumpless girls too!?? I feel a project coming on![​IMG]

9. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    born with out a didget or he is rumpless? or are they the same? cause he looks just like my rumpless Araucanas. Yes you must use for a project, I would love some eggs fertalized by him, or really why would you want another roo??? let me unburden you [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  10. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:hey, I called him first, besides you don't want a handicap chicken with no tail do you?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by