Rumpless, black skin, 5 toes, kinda bearded mix...but with what???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ZooMummzy, May 11, 2010.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Need some help with these two girls. They are from my hatch on January 5th, so 4 months old, definitely pullets but I have never seen anything like them. They have black skin, 5 toes, walnut type combs, kinda bearded, regular feathering and are rumpless. Any ideas???? I know they are part Silkie but I have no idea what they would be crossed with that would make them rumpless. As far as I know, the seller of the eggs does not have any rumpless birds. Is this a gene that could have popped out from some other bird? They came from eggs labeled Frizzles so I was told they could be smooth Frizzles but the rumpless has me confused. Thanks for any help you can give!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

they look like I would picture baby harpie eagles... sure they are chicken [​IMG]

3. LindsayB

LindsayB Songster

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    wow! I'm not sure what they're mixed with but they are really neat looking!

4. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    [​IMG] Yeah I'm pretty sure they are chickens and thanks! They are the strangest things I've ever seen. They are very timid too but really sweet girls. Very round bodies and strange feather coloring.

5. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Songster

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    WOW...never seen anything like those before! It almost looks like they have Silkie in them....hmmmm

6. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Yep, I'm pretty sure they have silkie in them but I just don't know what else got into that pen [​IMG]

7. CrazyWestTexasFarmGirl

CrazyWestTexasFarmGirl In the Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    West Texas
    they sure are pretty and unique looking!

8. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Arizona
    Oh my, they are gorgeous. I love the color, and the feathered feet are adorable.

Looks like a cochin/ameracauna cross.

P.S., They're for sale...right? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    How sure are you that those are pullets?

They don't appear to be rumpless to me, only that they have been picked on in the rear.

10. ZooMummzy

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:100% sure and they never grew tail feathers. They are completely round in the back...round all over really, lol. No tail feathers at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by