Rumpless Golden Lakenvelder

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChooksChick, Jan 11, 2010.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Rumpert is a Golden Lakenvelder hatched 12/1/09. He is a sweet little true rumpless fellow with no tailbone that doesn't fit into my breeding program- obviously.

I'm wondering if anyone is working on a rumpless program or has an affinity for the rumpless look- perhaps you want a lovely golden fellow with this anomaly!

He will need to be shipped or picked up- 'buyer's' cost. First person to offer him a great home gets him! I put in $50 for the shipping cost, but obviously that may vary.

Emails to me are much faster than DMs.

Cheers!
    Renee

2. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Oh he's cute, you should keep him and work on that color as all rumpless, males and females.

3. NoVA Chicks

NoVA Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    He's gorgeous! I would love to have him with my Araucana--I bet he'd make me some beautiful chicks. [​IMG] I'm sure it's way more than I can justify, but what would shipping be to 22042?

4. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I'd love to, but I have to keep very close tabs on the male/female ratio, and he's just one of many I really want to keep, but cant!

I really hope someone wants to give him a home, so I don't have to Craig'sList him...never know what will happen then.

5. ChooksChick

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:It looks like it'd be about $33. I'll need to check into the box, too- I have a friend here who ships live birds all the time and she may have supplies...I just ship eggs usually, but she's never lost a bird and knows her way around it, so she'll be able to point me to the right box.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, normally I prefer a chicken with some junk in the trunk but darned if he isn't just the cutest thing.

Hope whoever gets him enjoys him!

7. Garden Gal

Garden Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Virginia
    I have a just as cute little female who I named "Buttkiss"! Being new at this I didn't realize this was called "rumpless". What a cute guy... too bad he and Buttkiss can't be coop mates - it would be interesting to see if their babies ended up just as cute! Good luck finding the perfect home for your sweet guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by