Rumpless tufted Araucana Hen's Wanted Will pay $50.ea

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Ytailhunter, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Ytailhunter

Ytailhunter Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2008
    Massena NY
    Ok I have been having such a hard time aquiring some new blood for my flock I'll try this. I will pay $70. for each breeding age hen . I do perfer them to be both rumpless and tufted, my color preference would be Black, Blue ,duckwing, pretty much anything but white. Someone please help !!!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  2. Jarhead

Jarhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Arkansas
    I wish you luck - although you may find that even $50 is too low. Especially for rumpless and tufted. In the past few months I have watched them sell on eggbid for $75 to $125 per hen + shipping. For $50 I have usually seen un-tufted or pet quality. [​IMG] I want some too, I just can't justify that kind of price. Hatching eggs will probably be the way to go for me, might be a good option for you as well. Good Luck in your hunt!

3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I have 2 rumpless hens with tufts.
    I would not sell either of them for $50. I would not take even $150. They are too hard to replicate but we keep on trying. I have 3 roos and only 2 of them have nice tufts.
    Maybe I will have enough nice ones to sell one day but so far my 3 flocks are not producing enough to go for sale. Rumpless I can get all day long but those darn tufts are the ones I bet are not hatching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by