Run away Muscovy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MakNat, Feb 16, 2009.

1. MakNat

MakNat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Ky
    OK this was my fault.... I just got 2 Muscovy hens for my drake. I caged them for about 3 days. The drake was so cute, he hung out right next to the cage the whole time. I told myself I should clip their wings. I didn't... When I let them loose everything seemed fine. They were hanging out in my barn, like the drake does everyday. I went into the barn going about my business as usual. One hen shot out the window and is gone. She was spotted down the road, but when we got there no duck. I was lucky enough to catch the other hen that instant and clipped her wings. I feel like a jerk and feel bad for her. I hope she makes it somewhere safe. From what I'v read Muscovys are tame. I just didn't do it right. How should I do it for now on????

2. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Hopefully she will stay close and you will spot her again. The sounds of the other 2 ducks might bring her back.... All of my muscovies were raised here so they felt no need to leave the farm.....
    Good luck finding her... She should be able to get away from most predators....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by