Run Chicken Model T40, Automatic Chicken Coop Door

WhtRos2

Songster
9 Years
Dec 27, 2014
Rock Island, IL
I've been poring over info on pop doors for a while now and am thoroughly confused.
The ones that have what I want are way too expensive for me.
I know its an investment like so many other things I have.

But I found this one - Run Chicken Model T40:
https://www.run-chicken.com/product
Its in my price range I was hoping for.
It doesn't operate on a cord.

And they will modify the door to my requests when in production.
I have searched for reviews and see that most people are happy with it.
People who had complaints were accommodated quickly.

I'm planning on ordering it soon but would like to hear some reviews from people on this site.
If its such a great product BYC people should be made aware of it.
Its a small company and I'd like to see it flourish.

Rose, looking forward to hearing from some of you Chicken Lovers.

I have no experience with run-chicken...but, if it's not solar, wouldn't it require a cord of some type? The holes in the door wouldn't work for my local as snow and wind would get in.

I'm very happy with my Ador. Yes it's more, but I do not have power at the coop and they are battery powered. The opening is also larger, which was a big selling point for me.

Hello,

I am new here but I was reading about Chicken Coop Doors and I found this section. I also was looking for doors and I spoke with some people around my town and one lady has these sleek looking doors that you are talking about. I think she had it wired to a battery because as far as I can remember they have a cord and are electrical, probably with a timer. She is happy with them because they open and close according to sunlight.

I am considering this Run Chicken ones and maybe Adore, but I will see according to my budget. I am strongly aiming for Run Chicken ones because I don't know anybody with Adore near me.

Hi - I have had three Run Chicken doors and just ordered another brand. The door first started acting up when it would not close fully. I have had it running in my coop for about 4 months. I carefully cleaned out the slides on either side to ensure the door slides smoothly. (The narrow opening is easily clogged with poop/mud dragged in/out by my 6 hens and 3 ducks.). I finally got it to travel all the way down easily - but it then repoened after dwelling closed for a few seconds. I also found that the side rails are only glued together and are easily pried apart while cleaning. Not good. I had another one develop a problem with the light sensor and replaced it. Rather than buy my FOURTH Run Chicken door (I have one for the coop and the run), I'm going to try another brand. I am not 100% certain my replacement will be better as it is sold under various brand names on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GCPQZKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I like the IDEA of this door, but it has not proven to be durable in my setup. You may have better luck.

Like the original poster I couldn’t justify spending $300+ but wanted it to have both a light sensor and timer options and needed it to run on batteries (takes 2 AA which should last a year) have a safety sensor and ideally operate at -20 C (for winters in Ontario, Canada). I got everything I was looking for in the T50 Run-Chicken door, except that it is only rated to work until -15 C.
It just arrived today. I placed the order directly on their site but I think in some places is also offered on Amazon. It cost only $206 Canadian including taxes (but charged in euros- 139) and they ship worldwide for free. It also arrived in only 4 days.
I’m wondering if anyone has used it in a cold climate because now I’m concerned about the small strip of holes in the center of the door, which cleverly fits into the sprocket that lifts the door, but will definitely allow cold air and possibly snow and ice to enter the coop. Has anyone devised a work around for this yet?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom