Run door

I've got both.
Somethings need to be able to swing door open further.
Sometimes I just need to nip into the smaller pen.
It truly depends on what your doing which one you need.

This is our set up:
20180901_101952.jpg
it has a pulley up top. We just pull the cord every morning to lift the door and attach it with a eyelet to a screw to keep it open. At night we take it off the screw to drop the door. Hope this helps

Your not too far from me, With our crazy snowy winters and with the animals always at the doors, We have our doors open outward so nothing obstructs the doors, and we can slip in without a animal getting out.

Which "run door" are you asking about? If you're asking about the "people" door I use to walk into the run, I pull it open. If you're asking about the "pop door" for the chickens to get into the run from the coop, it's hinged at the top, and I pull it open. Actually, it stays open 24/7. I never lock the chickens in the coop.

Which "run door" are you asking about? If you're asking about the "people" door I use to walk into the run, I pull it open. If you're asking about the "pop door" for the chickens to get into the run from the coop, it's hinged at the top, and I pull it open. Actually, it stays open 24/7. I never lock the chickens in the coop.
I was talking people door. I plan on having a chicken guard auto pop door.

For my walk in coop, I was dumb and made the people door open into the coop instead of out towards the rest of the world. Waste of good space since I cant install anything permanent within the arc that the door swings. Also fun when the birds pile and scratch stuff to block the door from opening....

For the human doors to the run, both of mine swing out from the run. I pull them open when I want to enter.

The people door on my coop opens inward. Many winters when we have blowing and drifting snow storms i would have to shovel lots of snow in order to open a door that pulled outward.
My chicken door is similar to ninjasquirell s above. Just pull the handle and hook it over the knob. Evening, release and the door lowers closed. Mine is made with a heavy piece of oak board so racoons can not lift it up and gain entrance.
BTW, My coop is a walkin 14 X 8

Back
Top Bottom