1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Run Off to water ducks.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Stoney22, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Stoney22

Stoney22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    new hampshire
    i live in an area that we have to pay for our water, my question is can i use run off from my shed to fill my kiddie pool for my ducks. i know inevitably the ducks will end up drinking it and i am thinking the water its self is safe because there is low pollution in it, wild ducks would be drinking it, and lastly if there out and its raining there is no real way to prevent exposure. i talked to my grandfather about it and said that our shed has asphalt shingles. the shingles are old enough that all harmful things like oil is probably all gone, we water flowers with it but my question is would it harm them to consume this runoff because of it going across the shingles? if so is leaving a bucket just in the yard a better option? the later would just take alot longer to fill a dump barrell thats why i ask

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by