1. FeatheredFeline

FeatheredFeline Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Northwest Washington
    I just need a little help with something, our run is a mud pit in places and we can't roof it just yet. (Some things fell through and remodeling had to get pushed back.) So are there any good ways to keep a run from getting to horrid? Because right now it's so bad that some of the posts are coming loose and the rain won't stop. Any ideas are welcome.

2. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Maybe some pvc pipe, wire, and tarps. Pvc to attach in a hoop shape over the top of your run, wire to lay over the pvc, tarps to lay over the wire. Here's mine...
    [​IMG]
    Without pictures or descriptions of your run, it is hard to give specific advice. You can also look at the coop sections to get ideas. They often show runs as well.

3. FeatheredFeline

FeatheredFeline Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Northwest Washington
    Hmm, alright. I think I might have some PVC pipes and a tarp or too. I'd give you picture/spec on the run but I really don't know or have any. Best I can do is that it's about 7X12 foot with about nine six-foot tall stock fence posts all the way around and surrounded by welded stock fence with the last two feet around the bottom covered by chicken wire. Also a 6X3-4 foot wood gate in the side.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by