1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

runaway fire

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chicken farmer8, Mar 10, 2014.

1. chicken farmer8

chicken farmer8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2014
    one of our neighbor started a fire and he went back inside and by the time i noticed it it was at our fence line i think that my rooster red new that it was coming first because he was over at the fence crowing and all the hens were in the far corner huddled together he is a brave man but thankfully we had enough time to get the water and put out the fire in the fence line and the firemen showed up and got it under control thankfully nothing was lost other than 25 hay bells and an old fence im just glad that my family and my chickens are ok it could have been a lot worse red is the hero for standing up to the fire and making sure that all the hens were safe

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Wow, that was a close call. Good job Red, and glad everybody is OK. Hope the neighbor learned a lesson about leaving fires unattended.

3. chicken farmer8

chicken farmer8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2014
    thanks i hope he did to

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by