1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Runde chinese incubators

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rainbowhatchery, Jan 26, 2015.

1. rainbowhatchery

rainbowhatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    I was trying to find some reviews on the Runde Incubators out of China and I just cant find anything other than 1 youtube video about the fan quitting but 1 review about a bad fan really isnt sufficient. These incubators are all over ebay for sale out of China, they are industrial size holding thousands of eggs and most are under $1,000 with shipping making it an amazing deal if they work well. Incubators in reality are pretty simple, heat source, fan and turners and thats about it so its not exactly a nasa space ship but i was curious if anyone has any personal experience with these, bought one, know anyone that has bought one.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  2. dheltzel

dheltzel Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2013
    Pottstown, PA
    If you are willing to take a chance on a non-mainstream incubator, why not just build your own? At least then you could always find the part and knowledge to repair or upgrade it.

3. rainbowhatchery

Sep 13, 2013
    I have built my own. I made my hatcher and I have 4 incubators I made myself. For the price though these make it well worth it rather than the parts and time of building my own that large if they work well.

4. dheltzel

dheltzel Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2013
    Pottstown, PA
    Obviously, I have no insight on these, but I am very interested in your conclusions and experience. I have a Sportsman and could easily fill it twice over, though whether hatching that many chicks is really a good idea is not a debate I'd like to have with my wife!

I hope she never finds out I'm even considering this . . .

5. rainbowhatchery

Sep 13, 2013
    LOL tell her its a small side business, thats how I get away with it. Im in the same situation, Im the chicken person and unless it makes a little money my wife hates it. Luckily we have enough she has no clue when I buy something new lol. I also need more space. I have 2 cabinet style, one is a sportsman and I love it. I also made 2 others out of full size fridges. In the end though with the money you have to put into materials and the time its just easier to buy them most of the time. I have seen these for sale for years on ebay but I can never find anyone who has actually bought one here in the US to get a review of some kind. I mean for $700 you can get one that holds about 1,500 eggs, thats the price of a sportsmen so if they work well why not, then you never have to buy another one with that capacity. Im sure I will end up giving it a shot if I don't hear some negative reviews. Like I mentioned before there is not much to an incubator so I guess if something breaks I can always figure out a way to fix it. If it was not for the stupid turners building one that big would be cake with just a fan and heating element, for me thats where the skill and pain is at, building a turning device.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  6. yarnbarn

yarnbarn New Egg

Sep 4, 2013
    Wa.
    Hey, I know this is an old thread.. Wondering if you went ahead and bought this incubator? If so, if love to hear your opinion.
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by