1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Runner colors

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by stuborndancer, Jan 25, 2010.

1. stuborndancer

stuborndancer Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2010
    Having a hard time choosing a color for my soon to be runner, anyone have any pictures of theres? Thanks;)

2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    I am getting fawn and white in April! I can't wait... I like that color!

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    There are so many arent there. My final descision was to go with the two colours I had the most trouble finding. Cinnamon and Harlquin are what they are known as here in Australia- but I havent seen any pics of them on here yet. The males are quite similar to a trout drake - but the females are very different.

Heres a pic of my mixed colours. White, Cinnamon, Fawn, blue dusky,and black..oh and their is a little pekin drakeling in their somewhere too.

[​IMG]

4. stuborndancer

stuborndancer Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2010
    They are pretty cute:). Yeah I'm between a fawn and white, and a chocolate. Part of me thinks it would be really cute to get a chocolate runner to match my Australian shepherd. The blacks green is really pretty too though.

5. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Nettie has a bunch of different colors - just wait till she gets on here. Rainplace also has black runners. I had a fawn and white drake but he was killed about three months ago.

6. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    I have four fawn/white and 3 black. I think they are all females... so I'm looking for a drake. I think my same pictures have been on here quite a bit but here we go again. I love both the colors I have but would like to have other colors too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Tia - I love your fawn and white. Out here our fawn and white are very diffent. But I prefer the lighter fawn colour with out the much darker penciling or lacing on the feathers. She is gorgeous.

8. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    Thank you... they are all very sweet. I would like to have a pair of gray ones too. : )

9. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Very pretty birds! I think your Fawn and Whites there are the same as in the UK/Europe. They are what we call Pencilled here in the US. Our Fawn and Whites here are Pencilled with double blue dilution, hence they are so much lighter. You got some gorgeous ducks! Those colors you got are all pretty hard to come by here.

10. Morri

Morri what's quackalackin?

Jan 8, 2010
    Australia
    We are getting some eggs that are from 2 white hens and a black drake so some offspring will be magpie coloured so i look farward to seeing their markings i also like the fawn and white ones too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by