Runner drake to rehome or swap?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ejctm, Jan 3, 2011.

1. ejctm

ejctm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
    Hi All,

As many of you regulars know, I will need to rehome one of my runner drakes soon, so I have posted an ad on the sale pages https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=435142

There
    aren't many UK BYC'ers so I am hoping that I can reach those that might be willing but may not be looking at the sale pages. I am looking particularly for someone responsible and caring to rehome him, and I know BYC is the first place to look! I have put £20 to deter anyone not serious and to go towards his food. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by drawing attention to my request here. He has been raised as a pet, and not intended for sale, but I need to get my ratio right and keep all my birds happy.

If anyone can help, please send me a private message.

Thanks all! [​IMG]

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry I cant help you rehome him...I was born in England, raised in Scotland and now live in South Carolina...long long way from you. Hes a nice looking fellow too, cant you get a few more females to keep the boys happy then you wont have to rehome him. [​IMG]

3. AdamD77

AdamD77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    Aww I'd love to but I'm already on 2 drakes to 4 girls [​IMG] Shame cos we live so near to each other! Apart from you I don't know any other people from the UK on here...

4. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

noooo. I used to live over there, I now live in South Carolina USA..

5. ejctm

ejctm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
    Thanks guys. I would love to get some more girls for him, and that would be ideal since he gets on well with his brother (at least so far), but my garden cannot sustain any more birds! Some of my chickens would have to go to make room for more ducks, which is only possible if I rehome them (what's the chance of 3 year old hens finding new homes, eh!) and we couldn't put them in the pot since we raised them from chicks. Soft I know. So there is my dilemma, and since my drake will not give me eggs, he has to find a new home. [​IMG] The boys are my favourites, so although inevitable, it will break my heart.

I'm not in a hurry, so hopefully the right person will turn up at some point!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by