Runner-drake-youths, give-away to good home

Enigmius

Crowing
5 Years
Jan 5, 2018
Mansfield, Tx
OK. I had hatched 8 eggs this summer, and it looks like 6 are black runner drakes. Unfortunately I will have to re-home 4 to 5 because I now only have 5 female runners and limited on the size of flock due to convenance. The father drake was a calm cucumber with lots of personality, which is why when he was taken by a hawk I decided to hatch out his offspring. If you live in the DFW(North Texas) area or are otherwise interested in adding a black runner drake to your flock, please let me know.
Thanks.

Oh boy must be the year of the drake I hatched out 6 and 5 were drakes. I was blessed to have a good friend find homes for 4 of the boys and I kept the youngest. Now I have 2 Runner drakes not sure how that will work out. Sure hope you can find homes for yours @Enigmius . Did you post on the Texas state thread?

I haven't posted there, no. But will do. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh boy must be the year of the drake I hatched out 6 and 5 were drakes. I was blessed to have a good friend find homes for 4 of the boys and I kept the youngest. Now I have 2 Runner drakes not sure how that will work out. Sure hope you can find homes for yours @Enigmius . Did you post on the Texas state thread?

Wooot! The year of the drake?! I truly hope not!
I just hope that out of the seven little ducklings Katharina has hatched only one or two turn out to be drakes drakes. I could maybe deal with a third one, but only when they are as calm and nice to the girls as Limpy is…
@Enigmius Good Luck with re-homing the drakes. The count will be proud of you!

Yeah. Ol' Count Blackula reproduced himself in spades. The one I keep, I will name Vlad. I have to keep the theme going. I hope I can find homes for the other 4 or 5. Luckily I have some time. They become "masculine" for a while yet.. right?
Don't be so sure! My runner baby drakes are not even 3 months old and are acting like dirty old men already raping and pillaging.

Wooot! The year of the drake?! I truly hope not!
I just hope that out of the seven little ducklings Katharina has hatched only one or two turn out to be drakes drakes. I could maybe deal with a third one, but only when they are as calm and nice to the girls as Limpy is…
@Enigmius Good Luck with re-homing the drakes. The count will be proud of you!

Yeah. Ol' Count Blackula reproduced himself in spades. The one I keep, I will name Vlad. I have to keep the theme going. I hope I can find homes for the other 4 or 5. Luckily I have some time. They become "masculine" for a while yet.. right?

Back
Top Bottom