1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Runner ducks in the snow in England! pics

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ejctm, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ejctm

ejctm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
    Here are some pics we took just before Christmas of our runners discovering the snow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just thought I'd share!

Anyone else have snowy ducky pictures?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Gorgeous pics ejctm, and gorgeous Runners too!!

I wish I did. My daughter and I were talking about creating a prop background with fake snow so we can take some photos of ours in the snow. Where I live here in Australia snow is about 2 hours drive away from me- ( although Tasmania did get some on Boxing Day - and we are suppopsed to be in the middle of summer [​IMG] ) Mine are all hanging out in the pools today - its one of the hottest days we have had in weeks.

3. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

great pics ejctm.... i would luv to have runners some day... My ducks dont really like the snow to well. They come out of the pen and sit in the straw and wonder in the snow for a short time and run back to thier pond..
    and ducky.. I WOULD KILL not to have snow EVER !!! I would never even consider FAKE snow as I hate it that much. lol
    these are snow pics so far this yr..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ejctm

ejctm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
    thanks guys!

I can't remember what it is like to have sun on my face, lol. Very strange for us Britishers to think of summer in December!

Hattie, what lovely pics! Great idea with the straw, I think I will do this when it snows again to let them have a warm resting place. It rained today and a lot of the snow melted, so I had to put the ducks in the pen to prevent the disgusting mud patch that was once my garden from getting any worse! Bring on the Spring, and the grass can grow again (if there is any left!) After I took these pics, within a week the lovely pure white had turned to brown ice and slush, full of duck poops. SO fed up of snow now, but pretty while it lasted.

5. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Awww...great pics! I can't wait...I have a list of ducks coming in February and early spring sometime. They look like they are fun to have!

6. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    Oh my, how lovely are those runners?
    Perfect.
    And that chicken said to himself, well, if they can do it, i can too.
    [​IMG]
    thank you for sharing.

Beth

7. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    ejctm, since you asked . . . .

And, to keep them healthy and happy

8. dumb_cluck

dumb_cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Upstate NY
    Amiga, how cute! Your ducks sure love you! [​IMG]

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    That has got to be the cutest video I have ever seen. And the one of them eating their salad! oh my gosh. Precious....[​IMG]....forgot to say all of the pictures are adorable, but the video made me laugh so hard.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  10. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful ducks in a lovely variety...its the spice of life [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by