Runner ducks swimming

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by playswithfowl, Aug 15, 2008.

1. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    I have been wondering for the past few days what a runner duck looks like when it is swimming. I haven't been able to picture how they have their bodies set up when they are swimming. Pictures would be GREATLY appreciated [​IMG]

2. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    They look like any other duck when swimming or just setting on the ground!

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    if you pm me your e-mail address..i can get a pic of mine..in his pool..but he looks like my other breed when they are smimming together...wendy..[​IMG]

4. Nessy

Nessy Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2008
    Southern Cali
    Here are my runners[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And I even got you a video family rated version (minus female ducks)[​IMG]

5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:hey Nessy nice birds!!!! However question is that first picture edited?? It looks like the birds really aren't in the water there, im normally pretty good at spotting editied pictures that's the only one of your picturse that looks kinda...well "fake". LOL! The ripples aren't even going the right way? It's a gorgeous picture either way!!

6. runningkaren

runningkaren Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2008
    South Central PA
    Okay. I just posted a reqyest for just how to get my runners to swim. We have a large farm pond and they won't enter. They will, however, swim in their water pan......

7. Nessy

Nessy Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2008
    Southern Cali
    Yeah the photo is edited my ducks are usually swimming in mud which does not always make a good picture!

How to get them to swim? Toss them in? Or throw a female in and release the drakes? [​IMG]

The more they get in the water the more they like it. Mine used to take naps in the pools during the day. They also like fresh water, maybe your pond is to dirty or there is something below they do not like; a lot of people have snapping turtles in theirs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by