Runners or Runner Crosses?

MysticalMom

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
I got these 2 guys yesterday from a lady who couldn't keep them where she was living. They're obviously runners right? But the one with the fluff on his head throws me a bit. Are they runner crosses maybe?

35720_008.jpg

Last edited:
Look more like Muscovies. I thought runners look like they are "running" in that type of run pose all the time,and slimmer to boot.

HAHA! YOU CHANGED YOUR PIC WHEN i WAS COMMENTING ON IT...HMMMMMM
caf.gif

Now those look like runners.

Last edited:
Runners can be crested. They are pretty upright so I am saying runner. Wait until they fuller feather in for a better guess, but these guys look runner to me.

Quote:
Yeah.I posted the wrong pic the first time. LOL Sorry' bout that!

Thanks you guys. I thought they were runners. Now the crest? Isn't that a birth defect?

Last edited:
Ahhh they are lovely, they look like runners to me and the one with the top knot is a crested runner... I also have one of these
called patrick....

When he was 1 week oldish.....

61403_029.jpg

Him now......

61403_007.jpg

Hope this helps
smile.png

Quote:
It did help. Thanks. So the crest is NOT a birth defect? Good! lol I've never had runners before. I'm excited.
big_smile.png

Its a kind of defect where there is a slight hole in the skull, and fatty tissue stick out of it, and then feathers grow on this...... the one's we have are bali x runner...... as it is very likely 2 bali will have ducklings to deformed to hatch due to the defect being to bad..... its very interesting, type crested runner or bali runner into google, and lots come up
smile.png

Quote:
Haha slackwater. I knew you'd know. You'll see 'em Friday.

The little brown one is really friendly. Follows me everywhere when I take them out. The little yellow on acts like you're going to kill it if you get too close.
hmm.png
The girl was feeding them cracked corn and oatmeal and when I gave them the right feed they went CRAZY! And you should have seen them swim... they had a ball.

I know I said no more babies in a brooder( yeah right).. but I couldn't resist these two.

Back
Top Bottom